Do you have critical systems relying on Microsoft® Outlook?®
Machine reboots, power outages, full mailboxes, server issues, network connection problems; all these events prevent email systems from functioning normally. Increase dependability and resiliency in email with this add-in. It makes sure that Outlook is up & running, and responding to email requests. It’s effectively a heartbeat monitor for your important email systems since it acts when certain emails are NOT received within a certain time frame.
Here’s how it works:
- An email (called a missive) is sent once every 30 minutes to another machine running Outlook.
- On that other machine, the add-in responds to the missive and answers back.
- If after 30 minutes no response is received, then the add-in notifies you that the other machine failed to respond.
In this way, the add-in ensures that all email systems are functioning normally.
Sending to multiple different recipients is supported, and the add-in can automatically delete missives sent and received from the other systems so that the Inbox (or any other folder being monitored) is not cluttered.
If one of the machines fails to answer, the other one can perform any of these actions to alert you to the problem:
- Send an email to another email address
- Display a desktop warning
- Play a sound