Do you spend a lot of time renaming attachments from fax services or automated scanning systems? Now you can automatically rename attachments (in place) when sending or receiving emails.
Automatically rename email attachments as they arrive at your inbox without you having to do anything, or on demand with the toolbar button. Easily rename just your most important Microsoft® Outlook® email attachments with our built in filter. Save time when dealing with faxes, scans, or other automated systems.
What’s the difference between this add-in and your Attachment Save add-in?
While the Attachment Save Outlook add-in will rename attachments, it removes the attachments from the email (replacing it with a URL link). But this add-in leaves the attachments in place, only changing the name of the attachment.
“Your Add-ins are the best I’ve seen and make Outlook usable and modifiable without having to know any programming language. Thanks.”
– Kent Peters
- Renames attachments, leaving them in place
- Renames attachments that arrive at your inbox or any other Outlook folder
- Works on outgoing email attachments as well
- Powerful filters allow you to rename only those attachments that have certain subjects only or from certain senders only
- Works with Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010 (both 64-bit and 32-bit), and Outlook 2007
- Integrates directly into Outlook for easy access
- Easily enable/disable various features of the add-in to customize it the way you need it
- Powerful renaming suggestions capability
- Toolbar button to rename all the attachments of just the selected emails
- Quickly rename any attachment in a received email by simply right clicking and choosing rename
- Accepts a list of files to never rename - perfect for legal disclaimers
The add-in allows you to specify a list of files (including wildcards) that will not be renamed. This is useful if you continuously send (or receive) say, a terms and conditions document or a legal disclaimer attachment and you don't want to change the name of those items.
Because it also works on outgoing email, you can be sure that your attachment names all make sense. Add it to your cart by selecting the "Add To Cart" button above.
Downloads14-Day Trial Downloads
Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher;
Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007
Rename Attachments for Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007 (32-bit)
Rename Attachments for Outlook 2016/2013/Outlook 2010 (64-bit)
All downloadable add-ins:
View the list of all our downloads (in alphabetical order)