Technical Support for our Outlook Add-Ins:
Sperry Software is dedicated to providing first class support. Two years of upgrades and support are provided with every add-in purchase.
New: Help Desk
Having a technical issue? Check out our new help desk support portal. It contains the answers to 95% of the most frequently reported problems, plus you can create a support ticket right there if you need to.
If you’re having trouble with one of our add-ins, we’re here to help you. Most problems can be resolved by using one of the suggestions below:
1. Do you need to reinstall on a new or rebuilt machine? You can reinstall by simply downloading a fresh copy of the add-in, then supply your order number when asked. If you know which add-in you had, then you can view all our add-in downloads (in alphabetical order). If you don’t know which add-in you had, or if you don’t know your order number, then you’ll need a copy of the download/installation instructions email that was sent to you when you originally purchased (it was sent from email@example.com if you’re searching your archives). You can also sign into your account to get your specific download links, your order number, and view your support tickets.
Otherwise, you can request your download/installation instructions email to be resent (it will have the order id you need). Note that this is an automated process, and so the email will go to the email address on record.
2. You can make sure you’re using our newest versions
Be sure to uninstall your previous versions first; how to do this is explained in the link.
3. You can view the help file that is distributed with each add-in
It has information like how to run the add-in after installing it, where to find it in Outlook, how to configure the add-in and general instructions on its use.
4. You can browse our support tools
We make available a number of tools to help you, like a registry cleaner, a tool to help reset the add-in, plus others. While they are all self-explanatory, normally you are guided by the support team to download and run these tools.
5. You can communicate with other Outlook users and our tech support staff
Have a question or need some assistance? Try our Facebook page. You can post your question and get a response from other users of our software, plus our tech support staff monitors the page. You might even find that your question has already been asked and answered by someone else. We’re also on Facebook, LinkedIn, and you can read our Blog.
6. Enter a bug report with technical support.
7. You can contact us by chat, email or phone
If you still can’t resolve your problem, you can always reach us by chat, email or phone. Chat is good for quick questions, but we prefer that you use our contact form for longer questions so that we can look up your order to see what you purchased, and because you’ll get a ticket ID so that we don’t accidently drop your request. Be sure to mention your order number (if you have one) if you’re not emailing from your registered email address or if you’re calling.
If the add-in is working but not functional for some reason, you can avoid a step. To help us debug the problem, you can you turn on the log file and then send that to us. To turn it on, go to (in Outlook) to Sperry Software…Options. Check the “Enable writing to the log file”, then restart Outlook and try to duplicate the problem. Then click the “Send To Support” button, put down a brief description of the problem in the email and send it in. Someone will be able to diagnose the problem and reply back to the email you sent from unless you specify otherwise. Just in case, complete instructions for how to create a support ticket are here.
Even better, if your problem is viewable you can send us a screen shot. To get a screen shot, just press Alt+PrntScrn on your keyboard (when your screen is ready, that is). This puts it into a copy/paste buffer. Then just open Word, paste it in, and send it in.
International callers, please call +1 904-343-7408.
8. You can do a search for other Outlook errors
These are errors (and possible fixes) as reported by Microsoft’s web site. If you think you have a general Outlook problem that cannot be resolved on their website, you can call the Microsoft Outlook Technical Support number at (800) 426-9400. You should uninstall any add-ins and see if the problem goes away before calling them.