According to a study by The Radicati Group, the average number of emails sent and received by business workers is 100.5 and that number is expected to grow. How will you manage that tide of information? You need an Outlook mail organizer tool to help you with routing, categorizing and taking care of stale emails.
The Outlook Timed Email Organizer add-in keeps your inbox neat and tidy by automatically organizing emails based on who it’s from, subject, how old it is (among many other conditions).
The email sorting software mimics some of the most popular Outlook rule functionality. For instance, you can run rules on emails that:
- Have certain subjects, or certain words in the body
- Are sent to, or received from your specified recipients
- Which have an attachment
However unlike Outlook rules, you can also run rules on emails that:
- Have attachments with certain names or file extensions
- Are older than a specified number of minutes, hours, days or months
- Have been read, or are still unread
- Have been replied to, or have not been replied to
- Have been modified or changed recently
What can you do with the emails once you’ve identified them? Here at Sperry Software, we’ve done research to find out the most common types of actions. With this Outlook Timed Email Organizer add-in, you can:
- Move the email to a particular folder
- Copy the email to a particular folder or folders
- Delete the email
- Permanently delete the email
- Forward the email
- Forward the email as an attachment
- Reply to the email
- Give the email a specified category
- Clear all categories
- Mark the email as read or unread
- Set the importance of the email to low or high
As you can imagine, combining the conditions for this email organizer software gives you a powerful mechanism for staying organized.
For example, you can create rules like this:
- Automatically move the email after it has been read – perfect for being able to easily read emails on a phone
- Move all emails from a particular company into a specified folder
- Move any emails that are over one day old and replied to
- Raise the priority of any emails that have not been responded to in over two hours
- Automatically delete emails from Groupon, Facebook and the like after two weeks
It’s easy to see how this Outlook Timed Email Organizer add-in can be a weapon against the deluge of emails that arrive in your inbox.
Note that unlike our Power Rules Manager this add-in does not use Outlook rules, it is its own rules engine. You can compare the features of the two add-ins.