Have you installed one of Sperry Software add-ins but all of the buttons do not appear correctly? You can see the "Sperry Software Add-ins" button, but the "Send Individually" or "BCC ON" buttons do not appear when you create a new mail message. I will attempt to provide the reason for this and a solution.
Most of the Sperry Software Outlook add-ins also have a Microsoft Word add-in included with them behind the scenes. This is necessary when the user is using Microsoft Word as their email editor. This option is set by clicking Tools…Options…Mail Format. A Word add-in is required to provide the Outlook add-in functionality because the Outlook add-in is unable to control Word on its own.
Changing the mail editor to "Not" use word will usually result in the buttons now appearing. That is not a very good solution because we do not want to block people from using Word as their editor. Fortunately, there is a solution.
Follow these steps:
- Close Word and Outlook down.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- Select "Task Manager"
- Click the "Processes" Tab.
- If OUTLOOK.EXE or WINWORD.EXE are running, end the process.
- Download the Uninstall Toolbar Tool from http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Tools.asp
- Run the Uninstall Toolbar Tool.
- Restart Outlook and create a new mail message.
- The buttons should now be appearing.
We believe that the issue is caused by Word running while the user installs the add-ins. This situation does not allow the toolbar to be added to the Word Documents. Uninstalling the Toolbars forces Word to create the toolbar the next time it is started.