We’ve been improving the add-ins, and have a number of fixed bugs to report – these bugs were all present in v7.1 of the add-ins:
- Timed Email Organizer received performance improvements to the background processor. The background processor also became part of the main add-in, so that it runs within the same process space as Outlook, improving both performance and security.
- Both Auto Print Pro and Save As PDF Pro received reliability improvements. Both of these add-ins occasionally drive Microsoft Word in the background and it would on rare occasions seem to hang. We can now trap these occurrences and recover gracefully. We’ve now processed thousands of emails here during our testing (even running overnight and for several days) and we’re very excited in the improved reliability.
- Speaking of Auto Print Pro, it has received three additional new buttons to make your printing emails job even easier. This is more of a feature than a bug, but it now has the same three buttons that Print On Demand has. The idea is that you select one or more emails. Then the new toolbar buttons will, when clicked, print the selected emails, the selected attachments, or both.
The previous two buttons remain the same, one of which prints all unread items in the current folder and the other which prints all emails having a specific category (presumably the category assigned when items fail to print).
- And speaking of Print On Demand (and adding features), it now has some of the features that our standard Auto Print has like after printing, mark the email as read, remove the email header (the From, To, Subject and Received date), add page numbers to the printed emails, include the mailbox account name (at the top of the email), and various PDF specific options. In addition, you can now choose the printer that the add-in will use. Previous versions always used the default printer.
- When using inline responses in Outlook 2016 and higher (where the email reply does not pop out into it’s own window, but rather your reply is right there for editing in the preview pane), Quick Text Hotkeys function keys like F6 would not insert your predetermined text. This has been fixed, and all the add-ins have been tested to be sure they work normally in inline response mode.
- Zoom Email Windows also had the problem of not working when using inline responses and it has been fixed. It is now a nice robust solution for magnifying your emails so you can see them but in the past we weren’t giving it the attention it deserved and for the price (it’s just $9.95) we couldn’t afford to provide adequate support for it. So, we are going to increase the price to $19.95 on December 1, 2019. We hope you understand that we cannot continue to sell the add-in at the current price; at the same time we didn’t want to retire it like we did with several other retired add-ins recently.
Look smart! Share this article with your colleagues and friends: